Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Marital Intimacy

This week (Feb. 25-Mar. 1) was filled with a ton of information regarding sexuality. I found a lot of this information very informative since I am getting married soon. I think of the main things I learned is that sex between husband and wife is a good thing and helps you bond together. Since I am also taking Family Foundations this semester we have also discussed this topic. It makes me sad to think so many people view sex as such a bad thing. I wasn't raised that it was a bad thing, but I was raised that it was also a good thing either. I don't ever remember my parents sitting down and talking to me about it. I remember many young women lessons on this topic and to be honest sex scared me. Now that I am older and way more mature, when I think about sex I view it as a beautiful and sacred thing that God gave to us. I am anxious to be able to share this special thing with my husband next month. I also learned this week that I want to make a plan on how and when I am going to have "the talk" with my kids. I think it is so important to make sure that we as parents are able to open up to our kids and talk to them about it. I do not want my kids to be afraid to talk to me about and to learn about it from their peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment